Thursday, June 24, 2010

zephaniah.

Dear Leah Madison,

This morning you asked to take a nap, and proceeded to talk and play for about an hour. Before you fell asleep, I heard you softly singing to yourself about daddy and bikes and bananas and roger and outside. As you sang, you got softer and softer, until you fell asleep. I love you. I love that you're so content to play on your own, and that you sing yourself to sleep. I love how happy you are in every situation, even when I know it's not exactly what you'd pick to do.

Before you were born, I chose Zephaniah 3:17 to be the verse that I would pray for you for your entire life. It says:

"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

It amazes me how right on it is for you, sweet Leah. It's obvious that God has always quieted you with his love... I remember praying just that part of the verse over and over again during our first few nights when I'd worry that you'd cry when I put you to bed. God obviously heard us, because you didn't really cry much at all. And I know that God must take great delight in you - and very obviously, that he rejoices over you with singing... your overwhelming love of music (and your sort of freaky ability to dance in just the right way to different types of music) is great proof that God speaks to your little heart with song.

I hope that in the coming years, we can start to talk about what it means that God is with you, and that he is so mighty to save. What a cool day that will be. :)

All of my love,
Mommy

1 comments:

Suz said...

this is so sweet, jen. what a good & faithful mommy you are.

Post a Comment